Author Information - The Whole Story
1. Publishing Your Book on the Internet
The Internet is the fastest growing, most affluent and
Could be the Most Important Step
most intellectually curious market in the World.
The Internet is no longer the domain of "computer wizards
- There are currently more than 50 million Internet users . . . It is estimated that by the year 2,000, this number will grow to more than 200 million.
- Internet users are highly educated and intellectually curious . . . This is precisely the type of consumer who buys books.
- The Internet is a truly international market . . . This means you can reach readers all from over the world!
- Only 29% of all Internet users indicate that their primary occupation is computer oriented.
-Best of All-
Consumer surveys indicate that Internet shoppers buy books more often than any other product except software!
Internet Shoppers Buy Books
- Click HERE to review the latest Consumer Survey of WWW Users conducted by the University of Michigan and Georgia Tech University. When you are finished simply use the BACK button on your browser to return to this page.
2. How AMT Helps Millions of Potential Readers
Find Your Book!
The Internet represents the largest market in the world and most small
operations are simply never found.
AMT's 1stBooks Library is at the center
of an international shopping center which is easy to find!
- AMT has registered the names 1stBooks, 1stGames, 1stMovies, 1stMusic, 1stSoftware and, 1stStores with InterNIC.
Any time someone searches for any of these products,
our shopping center and the 1stBooks Library
will usually show up at the top of the list!
These are exactly the type of products
- This shopping center is exclusively devoted to entertainment related products.
Internet shoppers are looking for!
This means that many many more customers will
- All stores within this shopping center are linked to the 1stBooks Library making it easy for customers to find your book.
find the 1stBooks Library than will find a
"stand alone" bookstore or publisher.
In this way, AMT is continually bringing in thousands
- The 1stBooks Library is continually being linked to more and more College and University bookstores.
of new, intellectually curious and affluent customers
who are comfortable with computers.
-Best of All-
AMT Continually Assists Your Marketing Efforts
Internationally Advertising this Center
Offering Customers a Variety of Free Merchandise!
3. How AMT Will Help You
Start Earning Recognition and Income
From Your Work
-Best of All-
- AMT will digitize your book and place it in the 1stBooks Library for two years . . . This means your book may be seen and purchased by library patrons with a secure access code.
- You pay no production or distribution costs . . . Through 1stBooks, library patrons may download books (they have purchased) directly into their computers. They may also receive books on CD-ROM or diskette.
- AMT will keep records indicating who is buying your book . . . You may use this information to convince a traditional publisher to publish your work.
- AMT will maintain a system through which, if you wish, your readers may electronically communicate with you . . . You may take their comments to traditional publishers or use them to change your book.
- AMT will handle all accounting and record keeping . . . You will receive quarterly reports and checks.
- AMT will maintain a pool of illustrators . . . You may make your own arrangements with anyone in the pool.
- AMT will help you copyright your book if you have not already done so
AMTís 1stBooks Library is open "everywhere in the world",
24 hours a day, 365 days a year!
4. How AMT Will Help You Convince a Traditional
Publisher to Publish Your Work
- You always own all of the rights to your book . . . AMT wants you to publish it in a traditional way . . . This results in more recognition for everyone!
- AMT maintains a customer tracking system . . . This system keeps track of who buys your book and where they are from. You may use this information to illustrate that your work is marketable and convince a publisher to take it seriously.
- Remember, 1stBooks is an international library . . . Readers and publishers in other important markets such as the United Kingdom or Europe will be able to review your work.
- AMT maintains a system through which, if you wish, your readers may communicate with you . . . You may take these comments to traditional publishers or use them to improve your work.
- AMT will, if you desire, make it possible for other traditional publishers to review your work and your sales results
- AMT plans to create and maintain an electronic Writerís Workshop through which you will be able to solicit the comments and advice of independent writing experts
5. AMT Understands that Publishing is an
Extremely Competitive Business
AMT Makes it Easy and Inexpensive to
- You desire to produce and distribute quality products which your consumers want . . . Like other businesses, you must balance prior commitments and potential opportunities with limited resources
- Publishing a book represents a significant financial commitment . . . This means it is often financially impossible for you to take a chance on a new author, even though you "know in your heart" that he or she has potential
- Until now it has simply not been financially possible for you to test market large numbers of new manuscripts . . . The risk, of course, has been that you could lose a potential "superstar" to another publisher
Test Market a New Book!
By Placing a Book in the 1stBooks Library
- Through the 1stBooks Library you can internationally "test market" a new book for two years
- You will have no production or distribution costs
- AMT's customer tracking system will tell you how often readers are buying the book and where they are from
- Through AMT's Book Review Lounge you can see what readers are saying about the book
- You may also review the success of other books in the 1stBooks Library
You can Test Market a Book for Two Years
While You Maintain a Relationship With the Author
6. AMT Can Make Your Book Available to Millions
Here's All You Do
of Readers Around the World in 30 Days!
- Make sure your book is the way you want it . . . You are the publisher and AMT will not edit your work
- Copyright your book . . . If you need help, AMT can provide it
- Write your own cover jacket . . . This is what potential readers will see. So you should make it as good as you can. (Be sure to include a brief biographical sketch)
- Send your manuscript to 1stBooks . . . If you have questions regarding what format to use call AMT at 800 839-8640
- Complete and return the 1stBooks license and maintenance agreement along with payment of the basic set-up fee . . . We will also send you a simple contact information form which will help us set up your records
- You may utilize illustrations (including the Cover Jacket) . . . Since the illustrations must be digitized you must make arrangements with an illustrator acceptable to AMT. (Remember, AMT maintains a pool of illustrators for this purpose.)
7. What Does This Cost?
Note: Once 1,000 copies of your book have been sold an amount equal to the basic set-up change of $199 will be returned to you!
- Initial Set-up Cost
- If manuscript is received on diskette . . . $199.00
- If manuscript is received as a paper document . . . $299.00 plus $.50 per page to be scanned
- Monthly Maintenance
- $10.00 per month
- Illustrations (Including Cover Jackets)
- Illustrations must be done in a manner agreeable to AMT. However, you must make your own arrangements (Remember, AMT maintains a pool of illustrators familiar with the technical requirements.)
- You may cancel the agreement at any time and remove the book from the library
- Visa and MasterCard are accepted
8. How to Contact Amt
Advanced Marketing Technologies, LLC.
Specialists in Online Marketing
Toll Free Number: (800) 839-8640
Telephone: (812) 863-7420
FAX: (812) 863-9135
Postal address: P.O. Box 501, Owensburg, IN 47453
Electronic mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1996 Advanced Marketing Technologies, LLC.